Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Chapter 5:No Longer a Teen, Not Quite an Adult

My baby girl is growing up she just graduated high school with honors I might add.  On top of that her 18th birthday is today.  I feel at peace knowing that I've watched Abbie grow from momma's little girl to a teenager to now a young adult.  Boy does time fly.  I feel as I get older I should really treasure these moments.  We had a small birthday get together for Abbie.  Of course, her dad didn't show up I don't know why I should be surprised the man hasn't helped me on bit while I was raising her.  I have made her into what she is today not him and that is kind of sad in a way.





We enjoyed some cake and a little bit of time together. After a few hours of getting in some quality mom and daughter time Abbie decided she wanted to treat herself to a new look for her 18th birthday.  When she came home I was a little surprised my baby know longer looked like  a teen but not quite an adult.






Well not long after her birthday Abbie tells me that she has a boyfriend. A boy from school that she used to bring over. Go figure. Anderson Price also graduated from the same high school with honors and comes from a respectful family and I can tell her really cares for her.  I am glad to see her happy.  Later on in the week Abbie and I discuss her future because I won't be here forever I get older every day that goes by.  She tells me she isn't sure that she wants to go to college and that she is thinking she would really like to follow me in my footsteps and become a painter.  I think this over and I am really excited. Not only is she a great painter but she has so much potential to be better then I am and really make some good money. I give her some contacts for her to call so she can start a career.  

No comments:

Post a Comment