Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Chapter 3:Single mom

Life has been very different since the first day I brought Abbie home.  I have learned to manage taking care of her and myself quite well.  I registered as self employed painter since it is my true passion and I get quite a lot of money for my paintings now.  It is still hard to believe something I painted is up on someone's wall.  Abbie is growing up fast and it seems like yesterday I brought her home from the hospital.  Ethan only came by once to see her and that was when she was about 2 weeks old.  He hasn't had anything to do with her since.  I feel sad for her that she will never have a father daughter relationship that she deserves.  In a way I am glad because I can be selfish and keep her all to myself.  

Before I knew it Abbie was a year old. We had a small birthday party just me and her. I can't believe she is a toddler and into everything let me tell you!!!  I was able to get her some toys and a toy chest at a consignment shop  for her birthday and she just loved them. She had no clue they were used. You couldn't even tell they looked practically brand new. 






In my spare time when I am not taking care of Abbie, or painting it seems like I sleep. I used to really enjoy gardening but who has time to keep up with that. Sometimes being a single mom can be hard but it has its perks. Months go by and I finally get Abbie potty trained man was that hard. It seems like it would be easier to do anything else then to get her to use the "big girl potty."  None the less we were able to do it she now uses the potty well and pull ups you never know!!!  


A few weeks go by and I decide its time to teach her to walk and talk. I figured we could start with walking then talking.  Believe it or not she mastered both learning how to walk and talk in no time.  This being a mommy thing is working out pretty good even if I do it by myself. 



I don't have any hard feelings towads Ethan anymore I figure its his loss.  If he wanted to be part of our lives he would be.  I try not to focus on the bad parts of my life all I can do is move on and do the best for Abbie and I.  


Its been a long few years but I've managed to make quite the little home for Abbie and I.  Its nothing grand but I've worked hard and giving her a great place to live with any luxaries I can afford.  My birthday came and went so I decided it was time for a change.  What kind of change you ask???A new hairstyle to go with a cooler older me.  I really like it and I feel really good about myself. 



Lord I do npt know where the time goes by.  Abbie's birthday is her already and my little girl is growing up.  She starts school in a couple of days. Its crazy to think what my life would have been like if I didn't decide to move away from home.  Speaking of home my parents are talking to me again and I guess I am no longer dead to them.  You could probably think Abbie for that.  Its nice to see them and for them to be apart of our lives. They came in for her birthday and we had cake.



After her party my parents had to leave since its a long trip back home so I could understand.   I am just glad they were able to come.  Later on that day Abbie and I went to the park and played on the swings just the two of us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment